James Corden said he “did nothing wrong on any level” and was “so Zen” after a restaurateur called him the most abusive customer his business had served in 25 years.
Earlier this week, Keith McNally, owner of Balthazar, New York, barred Corden from the restaurant, saying the host of The Late Late Show was a “little idiot” who had abused staff during two visits.
The first was in June, when the British actor and comedian was said to be “very annoying” and demanded to pay for all drinks after a hair was found in his food, despite an apology from his manager.
On another visit earlier this month, Corden He allegedly “started yelling at the waiter frantically” after finding “a little bit of egg white” in his wife’s yolk omelette.
Mr McNally detailed his claims on Instagram On Monday, but said in a post later the same day, Corden called him and “apologised.”
the restaurant owner said he Reverse Corden’s ban and welcome him back.
Corden has now addressed the controversy for the first time in a New York Times interview, which is scheduled to take place before the claims surface.
On the suggestion that he could have canceled the interview, he said: “I did nothing wrong on any level. Then why would I cancel this? I was there. I get it.”
Corden, 44, said he felt “very Zen” about the whole thing and called it “so stupid” but admitted he might address it on the air.
“I think I might have to talk about it on Monday’s show. My feeling is usually, never explain, never complain. But I might have to talk about it.”
Read more entertainment news:
Kevin Spacey takes no responsibility in civil trial for claiming he sexually abused boys
The Crown’s Newest Series Trailer Released
Channel 4 news presenter shuts down for a week after sworn in to minister
Co-writer and star of perhaps Britain’s most famous sitcom, Gavin and Stacey, Corden is one of America’s most popular talk show hosts and has been on CBS since 2015 on The Late Late Late Show.
However, he announced this year that he would To step down in 2023.